We find ourselves at the onset of another work week (for those of us who don’t have Columbus Day off), after yet another weekend zoomed by way too fast. On the bright side (and it sure is sunny), there are some really exciting bike events happening this week (the Love Ride, anyone?), so there’s plenty to look forward to on this very warm Monday morning. Speaking of which, we hope this heatwave hasn’t been too harsh on any of you.
Here we go:
Week of October 12 through October 18, 2015
Cook’s Corner Wednesday Bike Night
- EVERY WEDNESDAY, Proceeds benefit a different charity each week
- Live music, raffle, $4 all you can eat spaghetti, full bar, happy hour from 5-7
- 5 pm-closing
- 19152 Santiago Canyon Road
- Trabuco, CA 92679
- More information: www.cookscorners.com
Ladies Garage Party
Love Ride 32 Pre-Party
- Featuring live music
- 5:30 pm
- Harley-Davidson of Glendale
- 3717 San Fernando Rd.
- Glendale, CA 91204
Free Performance Workshop
- “Enjoy FREE Hot Wings & Drinks! Learn about the hidden performance capabilities of your Harley-Davidson from easy bolt on accessories all the way to the SE Stage 4 103 kit. We will cover all the new advancements Harley-Davidson has made for California legal performance accessories and upgrades. Plus see, hear and feel the power of the SE 103 engine in live dyno runs.”
- 12 p.m.-3p.m.
- Huntington Beach Harley-Davidson
- 15080 Goldenwest Circle
- Westminster, CA 92683
- More information: http://www.hbharley.com/event_list_detail.asp?ecode=688704&month=10&year=2015&location=0&Submit=Search
Infotainment Workshop & New Product Showcase
- “Let our experienced parts consultants show you how to operate your bike’s sound system and sync your phones and iPods to your bike including install new software updates. Join us to see what’s new for 2016!”
- 12:30-2 PM
- California Harley-Davidson
- 1517 Pacific Coast Highway
- Harbor City, CA 90710
- More information: http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/popup.php?op=view&id=93330306&crd=californiaharleydavidson&
2nd Annual Hoofs and Woofs Poker Run
- Ride to support veterans.
- $25 per rider ($35 day-of), $10 per passenger ($15 day-of)
- Two courses: One for experienced riders, one for leisure riders
- Registration Begins 9:00 AM
- OFP Canine Education Center
- 13920 Llagas Ave
- San Martin, CA 95046
- More information: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-hoofs-and-woofs-poker-run-tickets-18355380437
Annual Ride for Miracles
- Presented by Hollywood Sherriff Productions and Ed Simon, riders will cruise through Orange County and end at Cooks Corner, where there will be live music amd more.
- All proceeds benefit Miracles for kids.
- Kickstands up 11 a.m.
- More information: http://miraclesforkids.org/events/
9th Annual Downed Biker Rally
- 10 am-4 pm
- Vendors, music, bike show, prizes, and more!
- Proceeds go towards bikers who have gone down and need help.
- Cornerstone Church
- 4905 East La Palma Ave
- Anaheim, CA 92807
5th Annual Graveyard Gamblers MC Blackjack Party
- 11 am-5 pm
- $10 a person (includes one Blackjack hand—additional hands $5 a pop)
- Cash only
- Flinn Springs Inn
- 15505 Olde Highway 80
- El Cajon, CA 92021
- More information: www.graveyardgamblers.com
801 Freedom Isn’t Free Fest
- 1 pm-5 pm
- $20 per person
- Live music, raffles, food, and more!
- Temecula Event Center “Ole Hooters”
- 27345 Jefferson Ave.
- Temecula, CA
- More information: www.801mc.com
SBD Fest 2015
6th Annual Ride to End Violence and Car Show
- “The ride starts at Crazy Otto’s Diner… Registration is from 8:00 am to 9:30 am and motorcycles go out at 10:00 am. The ride ends with a party, live band, vendors, food and raffles” Also sponsored by Harley-Davidson of Antelope Valley.
- Single riders: $20
- Proceeds go to Valley Oasis (Antelope Valley Domestic Violence Council)
- Crazy Otto’s
1228 West Ave. I
Lancaster, CA 93534
- More information: http://therevride.com/
Iron and Resin Presents: 4th Annual Hooligan Hoedown
- “On October 17-18, Iron & Resin will be hosting the fourth annual group ride & campout – The Hooligan Hoedown. Ride in and meet us there or join us for a group ride from The Garage (324 E. Main St.Ventura, CA 93001) on 10/17 at 11:00am to the historic Pozo Saloon, a remote outpost pretty much in the middle of California.
- $40 after Oct 9
- 11:00 AM
- Departs: 324 E. Main St.
- Ventura, CA 93001
- 32nd Annual and FINAL Ride to Benefit the Wounded Warriors Project
- 45-mile motorcycle ride from Harley-Davidson of Glendale to Castaic Lake State Recreation Area
- $45 in advance. $60 day of
- Foo Fighters with Special Guests and Social Distortion to play at Castaic Lake (tickets available for concert only—cars welcome)
- Harley-Davidson of Glendale
- More information: http://www.loveride.org/menu_flash.htm